What makes a gaming phone? Powerful internals, high refresh rate display, flashy design, extreme cooling, added controls? Well, the vivo iQOO 3 5G has lonesome some of these checkboxes ticked, but is that a bad situation? We’ll set off to locate out.
vivo iQOO 3 5G review
Okay, the additional controls are there – in the form of the Monster Touch shoulder buttons in relation to the right side of the handset. Speaking of monsters, Monster Inside is the tagline for the iQOO 3 5G, and if that alludes to the Snapdragon 865, we’d come to – it’s as potent a chipset as they arrive as regards an Android smartphone right now. The fastest-within lead UFS 3.1 storage can by yourself be found inside this vivo and a handful of new phones at the epoch of writing, thus the powerful internals are accounted for as proficiently.
Vivo advertises a ‘Carbon Fiber Vapour Cooling System’ which isn’t quite as extreme as a built-in (nubia Red Magic 5G) or a snap-on speaking (ROG Phone II) lover, but it’s something – we’d declare the iQOO is half-quirk there a propos the ‘extreme cooling’ bit.
For bigger or worse, the iQOO 3 5G is missing that ‘gaming’ design subsequent to practiced lines and backache red or green colors. It does arrive in a striking ocher color option, which we’ll have a flavor at harshly speaking the neighboring-door page, but it’s instead an inconspicuous handset. So – no gaming aesthetic, but in a fine exaggeration.
vivo iQOO 3 specs
- Body: 158.5×74.9×9.2mm, 215g; Gorilla Glass 6 front and back, aluminum frame.
- Display: 6.44-inch Super AMOLED, 1080 x 2400px, 409ppi; HDR10+ certified; 60Hz refresh, 180Hz touch-sensing.
- Rear camera: Primary: 48MP, 1/2.0″, f/1.8, PDAF; Telephoto: 13 MP, f/2.5, 50mm, PDAF, 2x optical zoom; Ultra-wide: 13 MP, f/2.2, 16mm AF; 2MP, f/2.4 depth sensor; LED flash; 2160p@30fps video recording, gyro-EIS.
- Front camera: 16MP, f/2.5.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 (7nm+): Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585), Adreno 650.
- Memory: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 128GB 12GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM; UFS 3.1.
- OS: Android 10; iQOO UI 1.0.
- Battery: 4,400mAh, 55W Super FlashCharge 2.0 fast charging.
- Connectivity: 5G (only on the 256GB 12GB variant in India), Dual SIM, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ax/ax, dual GPS, USB-C.
- Misc: Monster Touch Buttons, 4D vibration, in-display fingerprint reader, AK4377A independent audio chip with Hi-Res audio certification.
vivo iQOO 3 5G unboxing
The iQOO 3 5G comes in a distinctive crate once a black carbon fiber print and the brand state stamped upon summit in shining gold letters. A sticker indicates that ours is the 5G relation (sufficiently tricked out back 256GB of storage and 12GB of RAM), but 4G-single-handedly options are furthermore contiguously subsequent to less storage and RAM. The lid’s sides athwart scrape which is a saintly-natured accent.
vivo iQOO 3 5G evaluation
Inside the box, there’s the phone in a plastic tray. Below that, you’ll locate a paper sleeve that holds a frosted plastic protective assertiveness and the USB cable past a red-and-white pill-shaped connector upon the phone halt that leads the cable at a 90-degree angle away from the device.
Digging deeper, there’s the 55W charger – it’s omnipotent and unventilated, no two ways about it, but it’s with fast. The list of appurtenances with includes a set of in-ear buds.